Fitness & Nutrition Tips
I just had the pleasure of making my protein shake and sharing it with my favorite government exercise group! They asked me to share the recipe which I have written below along with some nutrition facts about the shake.
First, just a few of the many benefits of Whey Protein:
1. Provides all the essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of healthy muscles, nails, skin and other connective tissue.
2. Is almost completely devoid of cholesterol but aids in the removal of “bad” cholesterol from the body.
3. Has the ideal combination of amino acids to help improve body composition and enhance athletic performance.
4. Is is an excellent source of the essential amino acid, leucine. Leucine is important for athletes as it plays a key role in promoting muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth.
5. Is a soluble, easy to digest protein and is efficiently absorbed into the body. It is often referred to as a “”fast”” protein for its ability to quickly provide nourishment to muscles.
6. You burn more calories after a protein shake because the body requires more energy to digest the protein more than other foods (thermic effect).
Second, where do I get whey protein? From a health food store or I recommend that you purchase one of the best tasting and highest quality proteins from N2SHAPE. We offer 2 and 5 lb cannisters in various flavors. To order, see below.
Finally, here is Ellen’s Protein Shake Recipe (can be used as a meal replacement):
1 scoop of N2SHAPE recommended whey protein (Rocky Road in this case)
1/2 cup of skim or 1% milk
1/2 small container of non-fat flavored yogurt
1/2 banana, Few berries (for taste)
1/2 cup of ice
Place ingredients in a blender, mix, and drink fresh!
Total Calories: 300. Protein: 24 grams. Fat: 1 gram. Carbohydrate: 45 grams
To order N2SHAPE’s whey protein, e-mail me at email@example.com with cannister size (2 or 5 lbs), flavor (french vanilla, chocolate, or rocky road), and method of payment. 2 lbs is $30 and 5 lbs is $55.